Xtreme League Rules
SCHEDULING OF GAMES
- Teams will be given contact information and are responsible for scheduling their own games.
- Schedules must be sent to the Xtreme Commissioner, the UIC (assigner of umpires) and the State Commissioner.
- Games may be scheduled with non-Babe Ruth teams, but those games will not count in league standings nor for tournament eligibility.
- Teams must ensure that each player is eligible for tournament play. See rule 11.03 Para 1d
- Each team must play at least 10 games with other Babe Ruth teams for its players to be eligible for tournament play. It is suggested that to account for possible rainouts, more should be scheduled.
- If a game must be cancelled, it must be done, if possible, no less than 3 hours prior to 1st pitch. A call must be made to the assigner of umpires, followed by a call to the opposing team manager.
- Cancelled games or games not reaching regulation due to darkness or weather will not be rescheduled.
GAME PLAY RULES
All games are to be played under the rules, policies, procedures and guidelines governing local league play according to Babe Ruth Baseball, Inc. with the following exceptions:
- Xtreme managers are asked to coordinate with their local league to adhere to pitching innings per week.
- Double headers will be limited to 7 innings or 2 hrs maximum per game.
- 9 inning games will be limited to 11 innings maximum.
- Ties are allowed.
- The State Commissioner shall be the final decision maker on any ruling not directly covered in the rule book or here.
- Standings will be determined from Xtreme League games only. Win: 2 points, Tie: 1 point, Loss: 0 points. If a tie, then Babe Ruth pool play tie-breaker rules will be used.
In order for any protest to be considered, the team manager must notify the other team manager and the plate umpire.
- If the situation cannot be resolved on the field, the protest should be logged in the home team score book and signed by the plate umpire.
- The Xtreme Commissioner and State Commissioner MUST be notified through an e-mail or phone call within 24 hours of the game in question.
- Upon investigating the protest, the State Commissioner will determine the outcome of the game within 72 hours.
BASEBALLS, UMPIRES AND ASSIGNERS FEES
- There will be two umpires used per game
- Umpires will be assigned by the NH Babe Ruth Xtreme Umpire-in-Chief (UIC)
- Each team will be responsible to pay for one umpire for each game including 1/2 the assigners fee.
- Each team will be responsible to provide 1/2 dozen Babe Ruth approved regular season baseballs for each game.
- Home teams shall be responsible for scheduling and/or cancelling umpires with the UIC
The home team manager shall call or email the game results to the State Commissioner